STUDIO Residency FAQ
About Our Studios
Verge houses 32 artist studios which are filled via an application and portfolio submission process. Calls for submission are made when a studio space is available. As a contemporary art space, Verge places a preference on applicants who show a focus on new disciplines, and an emphasis on emerging or career artists with a track record of production and exhibitions. Through our residency program we aim to diversify Sacramento’s community of artists.
- Studios are approximately 300 square feet.
- There is no sharing of studios (unless you are a collective/group).
- Rent is partially subsidized and based on square footage.
- Artists are expected to participate in and contribute to the Verge’s artistic community.
- Artists are expected to spend at least 10 hours in their studio each week.